Monday, January 19, 2009

Made a cat tree...





I recently made this cat tree out of some scraps of material recovered off of job sites - couple pieces of two foot wide ply, two and a half feet of 4x4, some carpet scrap...





I bought about a hundred feet of 3/8" manila rope to wrap around the post. See how I screwed the stuff w/some electrical tape and an 1 1/2 drywall screw!






Then, Katie showed me how to cut the carpet to fit my plywood. You can see here it's w/45 degree angles. Also, there's my simple lay-out for the top "tier"




Cats seem happy with it!

3 comments:

Radish King said...

Meow!!!!!!

Kelly Boyker said...

Are you going into the cat tree business? BTW: Nice blog, Josh. We missed you at the last workshop (well, missed your work, that is...;-) - k.

Radish King said...

But can you make a cat wheel? Paris the Genius Cat told me he wants one.